Sunday, September 11, 2011

Slow September

It has been a couple of weeks since my last blog and a very busy couple of weeks at that. I've been away at the annual Microsoft Tech Ed conference on the Gold Coast networking with my old IT crowd and also had a subsequent challenging week at work which has taken away a lot of time and focus from my poker play.

Despite the time sink in 'normal' life I have managed to get some sessions in over the two weeks but unfortunately the results haven't gone my way with a decent 9/57 money finishes (16%) which is my expected percentage however only three 7th place finishes and the rest as min cashes leaves my bankroll down to $400. It just shows how important it is to score regular top 3 finishes in these 180s.

I was quite unlucky in every single one of the 7th place finishes getting my money in good only to be outdrawn. And the same thing happened a couple of times finishing in 10th only 1 place from the final table but this shows how important it is to play a lot of volume in order to be on the lucky side of a coin flip or have a 3-1 favourite spot hold up for a change.

The breakdown over September is as follows:

Session 1: Played 10, Placed 2 (10th, 10th), Prizes $10
Session 2: Played 16, Placed 4 (11th, 13th, 15th, 18th), Prizes $20
Session 3: Played 11, Placed 1 (7th), Prizes $14
Session 4: Played 20, Placed 2 (7th, 7th), Prizes $28

Despite the $200 downswing since my last peak I am fairly happy with my game however I do feel like I am getting a little tired with the monotonous grind on the same format week after week and some small leaks may be working their way into my game.

It might be time for me to catch up on some poker study and analyse my play a little closer. Hopefully I will get a chance to balance some study in with my play over the rest of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment